Plans have been submitted to build two land-development projects that will form a massive lifestyle, business, dining and entertainment hub in Anaheim.
ocV!BE will be anchored by Honda Center and will include a new 6,000-capacity concert venue, 30+ restaurant concepts, three public plazas, 825,000 square feet of office space, including a 325,000-square-foot office tower, two new hotels with a planned 650 total rooms, 2,800 residential apartment units, plus 30 acres of parks and open space.
ocV!BE will total 115-acres and is scheduled to open by 2024 and be fully completed by 2028. This project is led by the owners of the Ducks, the Samueli Family. The ocV!BE development will create 13,000 construction jobs and 3,300 permanent jobs upon full operation. The project will produce $2 billion in one-time economic impact and a $400 million economic impact on a recurring annual basis.
This project will feature numerous walkways and bridges connecting the full 115 acres creating a sense of place for guests. A landmark feature will be a bridge crossing Katella Avenue providing a safe path from ARTIC to Honda Center, while decreasing pedestrian traffic on the streets. For more information, visit the project website - www.ocvibe.com
FACTS: ocV!BE (surrounds Honda Center, the home of the Anaheim Ducks):
• 115-acre mixed-use community and live entertainment district
• 68,000-square-foot food hall and multiple standalone restaurants, and new retail
• Two new hotels with 650 total rooms
• 2,800 residential apartment units
• 30,000 total capacity of live entertainment including a new 6,000-capacity concert venue
• 30 acres of public open space including three unique plazas and 20 acres of park space
• A 3-acre urban park plaza
• A nearly 5-acre park in front of the ARTIC, with ample capacity for community and special events
• 825,000 square feet of office space, including a new 325,000-square-foot office tower
• The first phase of the project open to the public in 2024. The goal is for the project to become a showcase for the 2028 Summer Olympics when Honda Center hosts indoor volleyball.
• For show photo/video content and background information, please visit ocvibe.com/mediaguide.
The Angel Stadium area development plans include shopping, dining and other entertainment options all surrounding the ballpark. This development will include 2.7 million square feet of office space, residential development, a park and two hotels with a planned 943 rooms combined. Some in-stadium improvements are planned as well, including a new fan experience area behind the outfield where guests can enjoy a brewery, restaurants and hear live music. The plan also includes some flex space that will allow Angel’s ownership to replace the existing ballpark with new updated ballpark if that is decided upon at a later date.
FACTS: Plans for the development of the Angel Stadium property:
• 153-acre Stadium site
• 2.7 million square feet of office buildings
• 5,175 residential units
• 5-acre urban park
• Two hotels offering a total of 943 rooms; one hotel with a view directly into the ballpark
• 1.1 million square feet of restaurants, shops and entertainment
• Construction is set to start by 2025