Anaheim Convention Center
COVID-19 Recovery Plan
The Anaheim Convention Center has safely and responsibly reopened under guidance from the State of California.
We will ensure unparalleled service and a world-class experience while taking steps to safeguard public health for event organizers, attendees, partners and employees.
This information is subject to update and will evolve with guidance and requirements from the California Department of Public Health, the Orange County Health Care Agency and any additional guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Listed below are highlights of the operational and sanitizing process for safe operations.
- Follows all mandated state, local and federal guidelines
- Training to ensure protocols are in place for services
- Daily trainings on hygiene standards are included in all pre-shift service meetings
- Conducts hygiene audits and spot checks throughout the course of the service period
- Ensures proper protective equipment for all team members during services
- Operational plan includes a process to ensure that service stations have sanitizer available for attendees as well as at employee service locations
- Guidelines for catering service styles will include physical distancing and are in place to ensure safety of attendees
- Culinary team has curated a wide selection of pre-packaged menus and will customize service items accordingly with event types
- Offers a variety of presentation styles and vessels to ensure safety measures are upheld
- Cleaning schedules have been adjusted to increase frequency of high-touch areas, which includes both front of the house and back of the house operations
- Catering services has a clean team program responsible for working with the orange county health care agency and focused on safety protocols
- For catering and banquets: guest utensils will be in rolled up within napkins, table set-ups will be individual, and most food items will be preset or served with lids, while hot items will be delivered with a covering lid
- For buffet service locations, catering services will have the proper sneeze guards and staff to assist guests in service
Technology Services has developed processes and protocols including, but not limited to, the following return-to-work procedures as well as following Anaheim Convention Center overall guidelines.
Interacting with Building Staff, Exhibitors and Attendees
- In public areas, Technology Service team members will practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. Team members will be reminded to not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible, including no handshakes.
- Appropriate face coverings and gloves will be worn by all Technology Service staff based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. After all interactions are concluded with coworkers and/or guests, Technology Service staff will dispose of gloves in approved manner or wash their hands based on CDC guidelines or use hand sanitizer when a sink is not available.
Service Desk Operations
- Plexiglass/plastic barrier between service desks and separating front-facing interactions with the client.
- Signage promoting physical distancing and hand washing will be displayed.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for team members and clients at the service desk.
- Service desk and equipment that must be touched, such as monitors, keyboards or other equipment, will be cleaned and disinfected at least once per hour and upon a service desk shift change.
- Requests for pricing will be available through QR code displayed at the service desk.
- All rental equipment and material (phones, network switches, adapters, cables, etc.) will be sanitized and disinfected upon its return to our warehouse or storage room.
Service Installation and Equipment Delivery Protocols
- All rental equipment and material (phones, network switches, adapters, cables, etc.) will be cleaned (wiped down to remove dirt and debris), disinfected (sprayed or wiped down using an EPA-approved coronavirus disinfect solution) and placed in a plastic bag sealed with tamper tape. Rental equipment will be required to be picked up at the service desk and will be inspected by both a Technology Services team member and the receiving client to ensure the rental equipment was not compromised.
- Any equipment that requires a Technology Service technician to install at the booth/meeting room/event space will be done so in the presence of the client. The technician will disinfect the equipment prior to leaving the space.
- All service lines installed (telephone, internet cables) will be installed using normal installation procedures. However, after the connection is tested for quality assurance, and before the recipient of the service arrives onsite, Technology Services’ technicians will disinfect the final six feet of the service line and tag the line with a disinfected notification card listing the date of install.
- During situations where a technician needs to troubleshoot a client’s device, Technology Services’ technicians will kindly ask the end-user to adhere to the six-foot physical distance rule. The technician will provide support wearing all appropriate PPE gear.
Team Members Reporting to Work and Office Protocols
- All staff will be instructed to stay home if they do not feel well.
- All staff will have no-contact thermal/temperature checks and data logged daily.
- All staff will wear face coverings when there is direct interaction with others until further notice.
- All workspaces will be cleaned and disinfected each time the employee is ready to leave their space by following CDC, federal, state and local guidelines.
For further information on SmartCity guidelines, view the Safe Meetings Health & Safety Guidelines.
Production Services is committed to providing a safe and healthful workplace for all customers, business partners, and employees. With that, team members will be required to follow the overall guidelines of the Anaheim Convention Center as well as those for disinfecting equipment between uses.
Daily Office and Storage Space Cleaning Routines
- Handwashing signs will be displayed for awareness and to remind team members to follow public health best practices.
- Encourage cleaning of personal cell phones, tools, keys and team member-owned face coverings and other protective equipment on a routine basis.
- Hand sanitizer and approved chemicals will be available for team member use in both office and storage rooms.
- Daily high-touch items should be regularly wiped clean using approved cleaners:
- Light controls and switches, doorknobs and drawer and cabinet handles in PSAV offices.
- Desk phones, house phones, MOD phones and radios.
- Avoid cross-use of devices when possible.
- Encourage use of speakerphones when possible.
- Use of wipes when cleaning entire computer to include keyboards and mice.
- Avoid cross-use of keyboards and mice when possible.
- Tools (truss wrench, measuring devices, pliers, lifts and ladders)
- Wipe high-touch areas prior to use.
- Avoid cross-use of hand tools when possible.
- When handling equipment and cases all contact points should be wiped clean using appropriate cleaners.
- To include pushing/lifting points and handles.
Meeting Space Refresh:
- Prior to an event starting time and between sessions, a technician will use approved cleaners to wipe down all high-touch areas of Production Services equipment:
- Production Services music devices
- Remotes, slide advancers, wireless mice, laser pointers
- Podium surfaces for those provided by Production Services
- Landline phones (managed telecom venues)
- Faders and dimmers
- Flipchart markers
- Technicians will fill out cleaning verification card with their name, signature, and date and time indicating when the cleaning was completed, approximately one hour prior to event starting time.
- Production Services representatives will meet guest in room beforehand to make introduction, test equipment, verify cleaning and leave alcohol sanitizer tear pack with presenter.
- As an extra step to Production Services' quality control process, all contact points will be wiped with approved cleaners when striking the equipment.
For further information on PSAV guidelines, view the MEET Safe Playbook.
For additional information, please visit the following resources: