Families can enjoy a new costume parade, scavenger hunt, and special treats alongside entertainment and more fall fun with their favorite Sesame Street friends
Sesame Place® San Diego,the only theme park on the West Coast based entirely on the award-winning show Sesame Street®, will celebrate fall for the second year with The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular! Guests will celebrate Halloween with Sesame Street friends with new offerings including a Halloween Costume Parade, Sesame Scarecrow Scavenger Hunt, and Halloween Treats with Count von Count alongside returning fan-favorite entertainment offerings. Guests will love celebrating silly, not-too-spooky Halloween fun at Sesame Place San Diego, plus all the rides and water slides, photo ops and so much more the park offers regularly! The family-focused Halloween event will run on weekends starting September 16 through October 29.
Celebrate Fall with All-New Family-Friendly Halloween Fun
The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular will bring new fall fun to families at Sesame Place San Diego! With themed shows, parties, and parades, there’s so many memories for guests of all ages to make this year.
- Halloween Costume Parade – Starting September 30, kids and families will gather each day at Abby's Garden, where everyone can proudly showcase their Halloween costumes! Together, they will take an exciting walk through the Sesame Street Neighborhood, spreading smiles and laughter. As a token of appreciation, every guest who joins the parade will receive a special participation gift.
- Sesame Scarecrow Scavenger Hunt – This free scavenger hunt is perfect for the family to do together! Once they pick up their activity sheet in the Sesame Street Neighborhood, guests can have a blast finding all the scarecrows in the park. Once completed, guests can turn in their sheet to receive a Halloween prize!
- Halloween Treats with Count von Count – Join Count von Count for special Halloween fun and tasty treats! As part of this paid upgrade, guests can enjoy a deliciously spooky pudding cup with a variety of fun toppings, decorate a bag for trick-or-treating, and color Halloween-themed coloring pages. Plus, this activity will include a special visit from Count von Count with unique photo opportunities.
A ghoulish good time will be had by all with entertainment offerings and activities including:
- Countdown to Halloween – Kids of all ages will love watching Count von Count as he leaves his castle in search of his friends, learning the importance of friendship and meeting new friends along the way. Families can enjoy this show multiple times each day at the Sesame Street Theater.
- Spot-The-Ghost Scavenger Hunt – Guests can purchase a Spot-The-Ghost Scavenger Hunt map and locate not-so-spooky ghosts throughout the park! Those that complete the scavenger hunt will receive a special Halloween prize.
- Furry Friends Halloween Dance Party – Nothing gets families moving and grooving like a dance party! Guests can dance, sing, and monster mash along to their favorite Halloween tunes with their favorite furry friends.
- Pumpkin Patch Storytime – Enjoy a special Halloween storytime reading of “Pumpkin Patch Party” with a Sesame Street friend. Follow along to discover who’s hiding in the pumpkin patch and wearing the spooky and funny costumes!
- The Sesame Street Halloween Parade – This energetic neighborhood Halloween block party features fantastic floats all decked out for the season, music and dancing that will have everyone joining in the fun, and exciting performances about Halloween!
- Halloween Costume Contest – This year’s official costume contests will occur on October 28 and 29 with prizes awarded for the first, second, and third place costumes in both the Best Child and Best Family categories.
- Sesame Street Character Photo Opportunities – Make special memories with your favorite furry friends all dressed in their Halloween best! Photo opportunities can be found at Photos with Elmo & Friends and at Abby’s Garden daily.
- Trick-or-Treat Stations will also be scattered throughout the park for guests to gather a mix of salty and sweet Halloween treats. Reusable tote bags will be available for purchase in all merchandise locations.
Rides and Slides for Kids of All Sizes
During the fall season, guests can continue to enjoy the water attractions open through October 29! Enjoy time in the lazy river, jump up and down in the family-friendly wave pool, and the youngest guests can enjoy slippery slides made for their size. On chillier days, Big Bird’s Beach Wave Pool and Big Bird’s Rambling River water attractions are heated.
Sesame Place has rides designed with the whole family in mind that everyone can enjoy together! From a child’s first roller coaster ride to a colorful carousel to an imaginary trip to outer space in an Elmo-themed rocket ship, there’s a ride that every child will love at the park!
Halloween Costume Policy
All guests are welcome to dress up in Halloween costumes. Guests who are ages 13 and older may not wear full face coverings, costume masks, or hoods, and all costumes are subject to the normal dress code for the park. Face painting is not permitted on any guests unless it is done by park artists.
The Best Way to Play
The best way to play all year long with unbeatable benefits is with a 2024 Sesame Place Season Pass. Season Pass Members can enjoy unlimited access for the rest of 2023 and all of 2024 to the park with the added benefits of free tickets, exclusive Meet & Greets with everyone’s favorite furry friends, discounted food and merchandise, and exciting events. Perks vary based on the type of Season Pass purchased. Guests who purchase a 2024 Season Pass receive the rest of 2023 FREE, including The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular, Abby’s Magic Weekend, Hanukkah Celebration, and A Very Furry Christmas. This offer is for a limited time only.
Sesame Place is located at 2052 Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista. The park is open on Saturdays and Sundays only during September and October. For more information and to purchase tickets and Season Passes visit SesamePlaceSanDiego.com. For the most recent updates, fans can follow Sesame Place San Diego on Facebook and @SesamePlaceCa on Instagram.
About Sesame Place San Diego
Sesame Place San Diego is the only theme park on the West Coast based entirely on the award-winning show, Sesame Street. Conveniently located just 20 minutes from San Diego and 2.5 hours from Los Angeles, this 17-acre theme park is perfect for families with kids of all ages and has been designated as a Certified Autism Center. The new theme park features 18 Sesame Street-themed rides and exciting water attractions, a family-friendly rollercoaster and a 500,000-gallon wave pool – one of the largest in Southern California. The park also features an engaging musical play area, an interactive Sesame Street Neighborhood complete with the iconic 123 Stoop, daily live character shows, an award-winning parade, one-of-a-kind photo opportunities and of course, everyone’s favorite furry friends. Get ready to celebrate family-friendly events all year long at Sesame Place, including The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular and A Very Furry Christmas.