ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 31, 2022) – Disneyland Resort invites guests to celebrate soulfully with experiences that honor Black History Month and pay tribute to Black heritage and culture through music, food, art and more. For the first time, Celebrate Soulfully is introduced at Disneyland Resort with experiences in February and beyond.
Celebrate Soulfully is one of the ways Disney Parks is reimagining tomorrow.
Music: Live Performances Energize Select Disney Locations with R&B, Gospel and More
Celebrate Soulfully puts the spotlight on Black talent while inviting family and friends to enjoy experiences that feed the soul. “Celebrate Gospel” brings together award-winning
- Gospel Music stars Kierra Sheard on Feb. 19, and then Jonathan McReynolds and Mali Music on Feb. 26, for a powerful event at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, CA. Gospel singers and community choirs are also part of the show on both Saturdays, beginning at 3 p.m. on the Fantasyland Theater stage.
- Throughout February, Downtown Disney District will celebrate with nightly outdoor concerts covering genres such as R&B, reggae, funk and jazz, plus Saturday afternoon Gospel performances. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa offers nightly jazz.
Food: Black Culture Inspires New Culinary Creations
Guests can discover celebratory eats inspired by Black stories and new dishes brought to life by Black chefs at select locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort. And across Walt Disney World Resort, “Cooking with Soul” featured menu items will spotlight soul food dishes and the talented chefs who create them. Highlights of these, plus creole cuisine at Disneyland Resort, include:
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort celebrates creole cuisine, including the popular NOLA BBQ Shrimp & Grits.
Art: Locations Across Disney Parks Showcase Works by Black Creatives
Guests can be immersed in art and exhibits that celebrate the work of Black artists and visionaries at locations across Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. Here are some examples at Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort.
- In anticipation of “The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder” series on Disney+, art displays inspired by Penny Proud and her family will appear at Downtown Disney District. Plus, guests can learn more about Bruce Smith, the show’s creator and executive producer.
- A live chalk-art installation will come to life each week as chalk muralist Marcella Swett reveals new murals at Downtown Disney District.
As Celebrate Soulfully festivities continue throughout the month of February and beyond, guests can learn more about these experiences on DisneyParks.com/Blog and Disney Parks social channels via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
Visit Disneyland.com for more details. Both theme park tickets and park reservations are required for park entry. Park reservations are limited and subject to availability. Offers and experiences are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.