Quintessential California Hotel Opens in the Heart of Anaheim, Steps from Disneyland®
Anaheim, CA (May 17, 2021) – Hotel Lulu, a quintessential California hotel nestled in the heart of Anaheim, opened its doors on May 14, 2021. Ideally located just steps from Disneyland® and minutes from Anaheim Convention Center, this welcoming and playful property boasts laidback California design details with a modern twist. Outfitted with 310 guestrooms, Hotel Lulu features signature restaurant Lulu’s Kitchen; the new Lulu’s Coffee, serving Intelligentsia Coffee; a beautiful outdoor pool; 24/7 fitness center; 5,400 square feet of meeting and event space; and an onsite Disneyland® Insiders team. The hotel is managed by Azul Hospitality Group, a San Diego-based hospitality management company focused primarily on upscale hotels and resorts and is owned by J Street Hospitality, also based in San Diego.
The name Hotel Lulu took inspiration from the definition of “lulu” – something that is remarkable, wonderful or special – like a visit to sunny Southern California and Disneyland®. This name was then brought to life when the hotel created an illustrated character named “Lulu” who appears throughout the property, enjoying a carefree, fun-loving attitude as she enjoys the height of California living. The sentiment is also echoed through the hotel’s design, with the intention to evoke the same special feeling from guests.
“We are excited to announce the opening of Hotel Lulu and look forward to welcoming travelers, ensuring our guests have a carefree California experience,” said John Chan, Hotel Manager of Hotel Lulu. “This new hotel exudes the fun-loving energy of Anaheim; with everything travelers may need to kick back and relax after a day of adventures. From pool deck wine receptions for adults to fireside bedtime stories for kids, we have something for everyone, and our goal is to make every guest’s desires our top priority.”
Art & Design
Hotel Lulu’s aesthetic was inspired by mid-century modern architecture. The lobby features clean lines with playful pops of color and boasts a 1960’s style record player. The pool area evokes a Palm Springs energy, while guestrooms offer contemporary furniture and beautifully appointed bedding and bathroom amenities.
Each guestroom at Hotel Lulu was designed to be a guest’s personal haven, a serene retreat to help them wake up relaxed and recharged. Room categories include: two queen bed standard, accessible two queen bed standard, king bed standard and accessible king bed standard. Guestrooms come with 55” flat screen TVs; an in-room refrigerator and microwave; large shower-tub combination; pick-up dining service from Lulu’s Kitchen; in-room coffee maker and tea service; and complimentary high-speed internet.
Guests can soak up the California sunshine at the outdoor pool featuring lounge-worthy spaces, cozy fire pits and al fresco dining tables. Creatively themed cocktails are offered poolside, including the B-LuLu-agoon, a magically refreshing citrus cocktail that changes colors when stirred.
Food & Beverage
Laidback California cuisine is at the heart of Hotel Lulu’s offerings. Guests can discover casual yet crave-able creations with each meal.
- Lulu’s Kitchen: The signature restaurant features snackable, shareable plates, served in a welcoming setting. Those who would rather enjoy a meal from the comfort of their guestroom can opt for the restaurant’s pick-up dining service.
- Lulu’s Coffee: The newest addition to the hotel, Lulu’s Coffee is the spot to grab a quick bite, like on-the-go sandwiches and salads, artisanal baked goods, and quiches, as well as local favorite Intelligentsia Coffee and teas. For kids, Lulu’s Coffee will offer delicious hot chocolate, warm milk, smoothies, and juice.
Hotel Lulu encourages guests to explore their creative and child-at-heart spirits. Daily and nightly activities will be offered that are sure to keep even the most discerning guest entertained.
- Craft Time with Lulu: Let Hotel Lulu inspire your kid’s artistic side with arts and crafts at the pool. Offered every evening from 4:00pm-6:00pm by the poolside bar.
- Dive-In Movies: After sunshine-drenched days in the park, guests can cool off with a dive-in movie at the pool, where they can grab a floatie and a drink to catch their favorite flicks in the water. Offered nightly from 8:00pm-10:00pm by the poolside bar (season and weather permitting).
- Pool Deck Wine Reception: Adults deserve to have their share of fun and what better way than hosted happy hour at the pool deck? Kids are welcome and will enjoy having their own special drink on draft. Offered every evening from 4:00pm-6:00pm by the poolside bar.
- Disney® Good Neighbor Hotel: Hotel Lulu is conveniently located two blocks (a 7-minute walk) from the entrance to Disneyland® Park, as well as Star Wars Land and Avengers Campus. Some of the hotel’s guestrooms even provide views of the spectacular Disneyland® fireworks display at night. The Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) trolley stops just outside the front lobby and offers Disneyland® Park vacation packages. Hotel Lulu’s onsite Insiders team is ready to share the best-kept secrets and tips about the park.
Meetings & Events
Hotel Lulu features 5,4000 square feet of indoor meeting space with three meeting facilities on property, each is thoughtfully designed to accommodate groups large and small from 10 to 250 guests.
Hotel Lulu adheres to all of the latest COVID guidelines. As these protocols change, offerings on property will become more robust. Check the website prior to arrival for the latest updates.
For more information or to book a stay at Hotel Lulu, visit: https://hotellulu.com/.
About Hotel Lulu
Hotel Lulu, a BW Premier Collection® by Best Western® property, is a newly reimagined 310-room hotel located in Anaheim, California, offering convenient access to Disneyland® Park and all of the city’s exciting attractions. Inspired by the hotel’s original 1960s flair, Hotel Lulu offers carefree California living with a delightfully modern twist. The property exudes the fun-loving energy of their Anaheim location, boasting a relaxing outdoor pool; signature family-friendly restaurant Lulu’s Kitchen; Lulu’s Coffee, serving Intelligentsia Coffee; 24/7 fitness center; 5,400 square feet of meeting and event space; and complimentary high-speed internet.
Hotel Lulu is managed by Azul Hospitality Group, a San Diego based hospitality management company focused primarily on upscale hotels and resorts. For more information and reservations, visit hotellulu.com or follow Instagram and Facebook.
The BW Premier Collection is Best Western’s lifestyle brand – consisting of upscale, high-quality independent hotels in key markets that deliver exceptional and unique travel experiences, while retaining their design, name and orientation. BW Premier Collection properties are a fit for discerning travelers seeking a special and unique experience with the benefits of a global hotel brand.
About Azul Hospitality Group
For over a decade Azul Hospitality Group has provided a fully integrated operating platform delivering extensive support and resources for all facets of hotel operations. Comprised of industry professionals with broad experience and expertise in all aspects of hotel management, AZUL focuses on maximizing property revenues, rigorous cost controls and best-in-class service standards to ensure the strongest possible bottom line. The company operates 20 distinctive brands and 10 unique restaurant concepts in over 15 dynamic markets across the US. This is the first Best Western® development project for the company. For more information visit azulhospitalitygroup.com.
About J Street Hospitality
J Street Hospitality, Inc., is a privately held real estate investment and development company based in San Diego, California. The company is focused on owning, developing and renovating hotel properties operating under premier lodging brands located in prime urban and resort settings. J Street Hospitality's current ownership and development portfolio includes seven properties located in coastal California markets. For additional information, visit www.jstreethospitality.com.