Guests can enjoy an all-new theater show, trick-or-treating, and endless fall fun at SeaWorld Spooktacular from September 15 through October 29
SAN DIEGO, CA (September 13, 2023) – SeaWorld San Diego is getting into the Halloween spirit with all-new family-friendly fall fun at this year’s annual Spooktacular. From the All-New O.P. Otter’s Spooktacular Surprise theater show to the cast of colorful and cheerful characters found at the Halloween Dance Party and Hay Maze, the days will be full of engaging fall activities to get into the Halloween spirit. Children of all ages will love trick-or-treating along the decorated candy trail for ghoulish goodies in their Halloween costumes during this daytime event. SeaWorld Spooktacular runs every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from September 15 through October 29.
All-New Entertainment and Family-Friendly Fall Activities
Spooktacular will feature a variety of fun, family-friendly Halloween activities perfect for a spooky fall dayGuests of all ages will enjoy the All-New O.P. Otter’s Spooktacular Surprise, playing at Mission Bay Theater multiple times per day. The audience will join trickster O.P. Otter and his friends as they gather for a Halloween costume party and celebrate fun fall traditions through song and dance!!
SeaWorld Spooktacular’s Halloween activities include:
- Trick-or-Treat Candy Trail – Children are encouraged to wear Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat for candy and snacks along the park’s trick-or-treat candy trail! Each candy station along the trail features an assortment of sweet and salty favorites.
- Halloween Dance Party - Join a cast of silly characters for a Halloween Dance Party featuring popular Halloween-themed songs and family-friendly games like limbo, freeze dance, and more.
- Hay Maze – Wander through a festive hay maze and meet some fun fall characters along the way!
- Spooktacular Pumpkin Hunt – Participate in a fun Spooktacular Pumpkin Hunt throughout the park! A map can be purchased at The SeaWorld Store to help track down SeaWorld and Halloween inspired painted pumpkins. Families that participate can exchange the completed map for a special prize.
- Halloween Mermaids – Encounter friendly Halloween mermaids throughout the candy trail in a special enchanting experience! Kids of all ages will love meeting and taking special photos with the mermaids as they walk through the trail collecting candy.
A SeaWorld trick-or-trick bag is required to participate in trick-or-treating and will be available to purchase. Please note that guests who are ages 13 and older may not wear costume masks or hoods, and all costumes are subject to the normal dress code for the park. In addition, face painting is not permitted on any guests unless it is done by park artists.
Back by popular demand, SeaWorld Spooktacular will also include the celebration of the Mexican holiday Día de los Muertos from November 3 to November 5. Large, beautifully dressed Catrina statues will welcome guests as they discover ofrendas (offerings) of mementos and flowers honoring loved ones who have passed. There will also be traditional food options available for purchase in the park.
Experience Family Fun Year-Round with a 2024 Fun Card
One of the greatest ways for guests to experience SeaWorld San Diego at the best value is with a 2024 Fun Card for $99.99 when purchased before September 17. The Fun Card offers unlimited park admission for all of 2024 plus the rest of 2023 for free. For even more unbeatable benefits, guests can purchase an Annual Pass for as low as $13.25/month. With an Annual Pass, guests will enjoy 12 months of visits with special benefits like free parking, free guest tickets, savings on merchandise and more.
For more information on SeaWorld and to purchase Annual Passes and Fun Cards visit SeaWorldSanDiego.com.