By Jessica Sanders, The Happiest Blog On Earth.
This article contains affiliate links from The Happiest Blog On Earth.
Is this your first trip to Disneyland Resort or first visit back in a while? This A-Z guide to your day at Disneyland Resort is for you!
Add-Ons and Upgrades
Rides, attractions, meet and greets, and entertainment are all included for free with your theme park ticket. Upgrades are perfect for those short on time but big on magic! The most popular add-ons and upgrades are:
- Character dining
- Reserved viewing parades and shows
- Disney Genie+
- Disney PhotoPass
- Individual Lightning Lane
ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation)
No matter where you stay surrounding Disneyland Resort, there's a good chance ART can take you right to Disneyland's gates. ART runs 7 days a week and begins one hour before the Disneyland Resort opens and continues until 30 minutes after close. ART vehicles are ADA accessible and young riders do not need car seats. BABY CARE CENTERS Baby Care Centers offer nursing areas, changing tables, microwaves, high chairs and extra baby supplies for purchase.
- At Disneyland Park, find the Baby Care Center on Main Street, U.S.A. next to First Aid.
- At California Adventure Park, find it next to Ghirardelli in Pacific Wharf area.
Need to recharge your device? Several charging kiosks throughout the resort to swap a FuelRod battery pack with a one-time purchase. View locations of charging stations on the Disneyland App.
The Disneyland mobile app is free with access to features like:
- Attraction maps, descriptions and wait times
- Disney Genie+
- Mobile food orders
- Dining reservations
- Restaurant menus
The Disneyland Resort encompasses more than 500 acres including two theme parks, three hotels and an entertainment district. Disneyland's two theme parks, hotels, and entertainment district are all within walking distance of one another.
Disneyland Park features several themed lands around the central hub of Sleeping Beauty Castle: Adventureland, Critter Country, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Main Street, U.S.A., Mickey’s Toontown, New Orleans Square, Tomorrowland and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland Park.
Disney California Adventure Park
Disney California Adventure Park (also referred to as "DCA") features several themed lands: Avengers Campus, Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, Grizzly Peak, Hollywood Land, Pacific Wharf, and Paradise Gardens Park and Pixar Pier.
Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park.
Skip longer waits for select attractions and enter a queue (Lightning Lane) set aside for Disney Genie+ users. This queue is given priority access and often waits less. Disney Genie+ is $20 per person, per day. See the full list of Disney Genie+ attractions and how it works here.
Downtown Disney District
Downtown Disney District is a shopping and entertainment district offering souvenir shopping, dining and seasonal entertainment.
Downtown Disney Disney. Photo Courtesy of @DisneylandTourGuide.
First Aid Centers Centers offer over-the-counter medications, bandages and other quick remedies from on-staff nurses.
- At Disneyland Park, find First Aid next to the Baby Care Center on Main Street, U.S.A.
- At Disney California Adventure Park, find it next to the Chamber of Commerce on Buena Vista Street.
Food & Beverage
Disneyland Resort has more than 100 food and beverage locations. From snack kiosks to quick service to sit-down dining, there is cuisine for every pallet. Disney also offers a variety of vegetarian, vegan and allergy-friendly menus. Explore menus on the Disneyland App in advance, make dining reservations up to 60 days in advance, and utilize mobile order on the day of your visit.
Guest services can help with a variety of concerns. They also have guide maps in various languages and offer assistance for guests with various disabilities such as cognitive disabilities, hearing disabilities, visual and mobile disabilities.
- At Disneyland Park, find Guest Services on Main Street, U.S.A. inside City Hall.
- At California Adventure Park, find guest services on Buena Vista Street inside the Chamber of Commerce.
Individual Lighting Lane
Expedited queue set aside for guests who purchase Individual Lightning Lane. Available on select attractions which are not part of Disney Genie+.
Expedited queue set aside for Disney Genie+ users or guests who purchase Individual Lightning Lane.
Backpacks, water bottles, hoodies and other gear can join you on all the attractions at Disneyland Resort in a provided pouch or at your feet. You can also secure personal items inside a locker. Prices range from $7-$15 for unlimited daily access (during regular park hours).
- At Disneyland Park, find lockers on the right side of Main Street, U.S.A.
- At California Adventure Park, find lockers on the right side of Buena Vista Street.
- Lockers outside both Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park on the left side of the gates and in the Picnic Area.
Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park face one another. Park hopper tickets allow you to move back and forth unlimited times after 1:00 PM.
Parking opens about one hour before regular park hours. Parking is $30 per day for regular vehicles with in and out privileges.
- Mickey & Friends (connected to Pixar Pals): best for those traveling southbound on the 5. Guests complete security screening prior to boarding the tram to the theme park gates.
- Toy Story Lot: best for those traveling northbound on the 5. Guests board the Toy Story buses and are dropped off outside the rhyme park gates.
- See more Disneyland Parking tips here.
Get everyone in the photo! Photographers are listed on the Disneyland App and ready to snap unlimited photos for you to download and remember your Disneyland day.
Reservations for theme park entrance are required. Each ticketed guest needs a theme park reservation. Quick tips for theme park reservations:
- Purchase theme park tickets.
- Book theme park reservations up to 120 days in advance on the Disneyland website.
- Choose the date and starting theme park.
- Park hopping begins at 1:00 PM with a valid hopper ticket.
- Learn more about the Disneyland reservation system here.
Everyone can ride with Rider Switch! If a guest doesn’t meet the height requirements (or simply doesn't want to ride), one adult or can wait with non-rider while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. Then, they simply switch places to allow the supervising adult to ride the attraction without waiting in the regular queue.
Enter the theme parks before opening! You can position yourself closer to your first ride by lining up at the roped off area. When the park officially opens, the rope is removed and guests can make their way to their first ride. This daily occurrence is called "rope drop."
All guests will go through security screening prior to entry into the Disneyland Resort. Be prepared to have bags screened and leave any prohibited items in your car or hotel room. There are 3 main security checkpoints.
- Harbor Blvd: often used by guests walking to the parks, those coming from Toy Story parking, and guests using ART bus.
- Mickey & Friends (or Pixar Pals): used by guests parking in the corresponding parking lots.
- Downtown Disney District: often used by guests of Disneyland Hotel or day guests visiting Downtown Disney.
The queue available to all guests, no Disney Genie+ purchase required. Wait times are displayed on the Disneyland App.
Strollers are permitted and available for rent. (must be smaller than 31" wide and 52" long). Wagons, including stroller wagons, are not permitted.
Purchase theme park tickets in advance on the Disneyland App or website. Remember to print out this checklist before you go to Disneyland Resort and you'll be inside the magic in no time!
About Jessica Sanders of The Happiest Blog On Earth: Jessica Sanders is a Disneyland Resort planning expert. Jessica created The Happiest Blog On Earth in 2013, and is here to help guests have the Disneyland Resort vacation.
As to the properties of ©Disney