‘Tis the season to visit Anaheim! With the holidays quickly approaching, there’s merriment around every corner. Check out this list of the top things to do in Anaheim and neighboring cities this holiday season.
photo credit: ©Disney
It’s the Merriest Place on Earth as the Disneyland® Resort transforms both parks for the season. There’s holiday magic around every corner. Here are a few of our favorite memories to make merry this season:
- Stroll the garland lined Main Street U.S.A. with Mickey Mouse and his pals in their holiday best before you come upon the glistening lights of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- In the evening, you’ll see the sky illuminate above the castle with the “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular.
- Enjoy festive ride overlays on it’s a small world® attraction and the Haunted Mansion® Holiday inspired by Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Take in the “A Christmas Fantasy Parade” and the “World of Color-Season of Light Holiday Show” to add some awe to your agenda.
- Zoom over to Disney California Adventure® Park’s Cars Land® area where you’ll find themed car decor and attractions.
- Explore global fare with the Festival of Holidays with food kiosks selling multicultural cuisine and entertainment that celebrates diverse cultures.
photo credit: ©Disney
Trade your boysenberries for holly berries during the holidays at Knott’s Berry Farm. Merry Farm returns, bringing nostalgia and delight back for another Season of Fun. Don’t miss this festive fun at the Farm:
- You’ll feel right at home with “Home for the Holidays” a musical revue featuring classic holiday songs.
- The coolest place to be in the Walter Knott Theater where “Snoopy on Ice” is back for a new show, complete with the Peanuts Gang.
- Meet the big guy at Santa’s Christmas Cabin where you can snap Santa photos and stock up on treats.
- Finish your holiday shopping from local vendors at the Christmas Crafts Village.
- Watch it snow in Calico each night during the “Snow and Glow” show.
photo credit: Image by Dragana_Gordic on Freepik
12/3/22 12:00 - 7:30 PM
Center Street Promenade transforms into a holiday hot spot for the Anaheim Tree Lighting and Nutcracker Holiday Village. Enjoy local craft and food vendors, plus a dog costume contest. Children will perform throughout the day, plus a special visit from Santa himself ahead of the tree lighting.
Hit the road to adventure with Mickey and his pals. Beloved Disney characters are taking to the ice at the Honda Center this December including Aladdin, Anna and Elsa, Mary Poppins, and Toy Story 4’s Forky. It’s a high-energy holiday must-do for families.
Follow Clara as she explores a mystical world in the classic Nutcracker performed by the Anaheim Ballet. The holiday tradition will be presented three times throughout the weekend.
Select dates through 12/24/22
Catal Restaurant welcomes guests to the annual Breakfast with Santa. The holiday feast includes bottomless mimosas for adults 21+ plus many reasons to bubble up with excitement. Stuffed animals and personalized stockings are gifted to children 10 and under, plus a special visit from Santa and his elves.
Performing personal songs from his upcoming album, Believe, Andrea Bocelli is returning to the Honda Center for one night only. In addition to the carefully curated list, Bocelli will be performing music to celebrate the season.
A winter blizzard has covered all of the OC fair grounds. Families are welcome to enjoy Winter Fest OC with ice skating under the stars, an ice tubing slide and snowboard simulator, festive food and drinks, plus more.
Explore the science of winter at the hands-on Discovery Cube where you can code snowflakes and holiday lights. Each day, you can enjoy interactive stories and activities, including cookie decorating. Still looking for something sweet? Check out the handiwork of bakers of all ages in the annual Gingerbread Village displays.
Select days 12/3/22- 12/30/22
Explore the illuminated mission during Capistrano Lights at Mission San Juan Capistrano. The historic grounds are decorated with a 10-foot wreath and Christmas tree lit each night during a special ceremony. In addition to holiday programming, guests can visit the Serra Chapel and place a prayer candle in the ruins of the Great Stone Church.
All aboard for a beloved train ride through Irvine Park Regional Park that culminates with a visit to Santa Claus. You’ll experience the “Tunnel of Lights” plus a stop at Santa’s Village for additional activities.
Loosely translated from the Japanese word for “shine,” Hikari is a glistening visit to the farm. Explore a million twinkling lights by wagon and explore festive scenes, perfect for photo ops. You won’t want to miss a visit from Santa himself.
Glide across the ice in SoCal. Sponsored by the Anaheim Ducks, the Irvine Spectrum ice rink is now open daily!
A brand new holiday experience comes to Southern California in Norco, CA. The festive party features live entertainment, experiences, shopping, and more. Treat yourself to a new tradition with cookies with Mrs. Claus and photo ops with festive decor.
For over 100 years, Orange County has sailed through the holidays with a cherished tradition. Newport Beach’s boat parade features hundreds of decorated ships, from yachts to canoes, competing for top prize.
12/16/22 at 4:00 PM
Shop small for everyone on your list at the pop-up market at Radiant Beer Co. Since you’ve been awfully good this year, pick up a 4-pack or two of a Hazy IPA.
Be whisked away to a Winter Wonderland at Old World in Huntington Beach. Inside you’ll find a festive marketplace selling products imported from around Europe. In addition to gifts, you’ll find candy, beer, baked goods, and more.
While you cross gifts off your holiday shopping list, make sure to stop by and let Santa know you’re on his Nice List. MainPlace Mall brings Elf on the Shelf: Santa’s Magical Photo Adventure is a walk-through set perfect for your holiday photos.
Known for its gorgeous nursery, Roger’s Gardens also encourages guests to shop themed decor. This year’s “Bright and Beautiful” boutique is filled with glitz and glam.