A celebration to remember awaits you at the Disneyland® Resort! For a limited time, guests can join in the cherished tradition of Día de los Muertos with a generous sprinkling of magic. Festive decor and cultural displays set the stage. Combine those with entertainment and food for an immersive way to remember loved ones and the bonds of family. Enjoy Día de los Muertos festivities September 1-November 2, 2023 at both Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park.
Capture the spirit of the occasion at El Zócalo Park within Frontierland at the Disneyland® Park. The area hosts the tribute to our loved ones with calacas (skeleton figures), plus sparks of color from marigolds and papel picados. The calacas’ showcase a trio of mariachi musicians, plus other traditional items found on an ofrenda, or Day of the Dead altar.
After visiting the park, savor the flavors of Mexican cooking at the Rancho del Zócalo Restaurante. Enjoy the home-style dishes including tacos, burritos, and salads on the hacienda-style patio covered by a floral covering of bougainvillea.
Inspired by the Disney and Pixar Academy Award-winning film Coco, Paradise Gardens at Disney California Adventure® Park transforms into a celebration of family in the reimagined Plaza de la Familia. Here’s a little of what you’ll enjoy while visiting:
- A Musical Celebration of Coco: Storytellers bring to life a heartwarming tale that incorporates songs from the film, including “Remember Me” the Oscar®-winning Best Original Song.
- Meet & Greet with Miguel: Meet Miguel, the film’s main character, for photo opportunities. The guitar strumming star stands beside the beautiful artistic mural "Recuérdame" ("Remember Me").
- Memory Wall: Add your personal messages to the Árbol de la Vida (Tree of Life) as a touching tribute to loved ones.
- Arts & Crafts: Guests will delight in designing alebrije (spirit guide), masks of Dante and Pepita, the colorful companions from the film.
- Live Mariachi Concerts: Enjoy live musical performances on the plaza’s bandstand. If all of the festivities have worked up an appetite, pick up a meal from the nearby Paradise Garden Grill.
Enjoy the festive and meaningful celebration of Día de los Muertos at the Disneyland® Resort. Tickets and theme park reservations are required.
As to the properties of ©Disney