Anaheim and Orange County offer many opportunities to celebrate Memorial Day weekend with events, activities, and places to visit. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorites for you.
Memorial Day Events Around OC
Garden Grove Strawberry Festival | May 26–29
Held annually over Memorial Day weekend, the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival celebrates the region's rich agricultural history and features live music, carnival rides, and plenty of delicious strawberry-themed treats.
2023 Memorial Shoot Out | May 26–29
Hit the ice in Anaheim for the Memorial Shoot Out Tournament, May 26-29, 2023 at Great Park Ice. The USA Hockey sanctioned event offers a 4-game guarantee and fantastic championship and runner-up prizes.
Zendejas Memorial Day Jam | May 28
Enjoy your Sunday at Zendejas Memorial Day Jam featuring SOTO, Steel Rod, Leather & Lace, Eric & Billy Mondragon of DW3, plus DJ James and more! Doors open at 1:00 p.m. and the show starts at 2:00 p.m.
Ways to Observe Memorial Day Around Anaheim/OC
Image credit: Mission San Juan Capistrano
Visit the Anaheim Cemetery
The Anaheim Cemetery is a beautiful and serene place to visit on Memorial Day. The cemetery is the final resting place for many of our brave soldiers who fought in past wars. They will host an in-person Memorial Day program in front of the Community Mausoleum.
Visit the Nixon Presidential Library and Museum
The Nixon Presidential Library and Museum is a great place to learn about our country's history and honor those who served our country. They have many exhibits and artifacts that highlight the bravery and sacrifice of our soldiers.
Visit Mission San Juan Capistrano
As part of Memorial Day activities at Mission San Juan Capistrano, Homefront America's 2023 Field of Honor will be held from Tuesday, May 23, through Monday, May 29, 2023. In honor of military, veterans, first responders, including K-9 and equestrian heroes, the mission's courtyard will be transformed with a field of American flags, each standing seven feet tall in solemn formation. Members of the Mission Preservation Society, active duty military personnel, veterans, and first responders will be offered free admission during the exhibit.
Visit Military Memorials & Monuments In Orange County, CA
As you explore the area, you are sure to find plenty of memorials and monuments honoring those who took the ultimate sacrifice for this country.
- Vietnam War Monument—14199 All American Way, Westminster, CA 92683
- Korean War Memorial—1321 N Brea Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92835
- Brea War Memorial—1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, CA 92821
- Marine War Memorial—700 Dover Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- Yorba Linda Veterans Memorial—4766 Valley View Ave, Yorba Linda, CA 92886
- Veterans Memorial Park—Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point Harbor, CA 92629
- World War II Submarine Memorial—842-1010 Seal Beach Blvd, Seal Beach, CA 90740
- Northwood Gratitude & Honor Memorial—4531 Bryan Ave, Irvine, CA 92620
- Veterans Memorial at Depot Park—100 N Atchison St, Orange, CA 92866
- Patriot Point—Bluff Top Park, 2201 CA-1 (Pacific Coast Hwy), Huntington Beach, CA 92648
- Heroes Hall Museum – OC Fair & Event Center: 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Whatever you choose to do during the long weekend, take a moment to remember and honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.