Visit Anaheim Careers
Thank you for your interest in joining the Visit Anaheim team.
Visit Anaheim is home to a team of innovative professionals who understand the value of providing a unique and personal experience in one of the most visited travel destinations in the world.
Our team shares the mission to develop, market, and promote the city of Anaheim ― to benefit the overall, economic vitality of our neighborhoods, along with our vision to inspire and delight the imagination of every visitor. As industry leaders, everything we do is energized by our passion for our destination.
Email us at [email protected] for more information.
JOB TITLE: Manager, Meeting Sales ― Midwest
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Meeting & Partnership Sales
DEPARTMENT: Convention Sales
DATE: July 2021
MISSION: TO DEVELOP, MARKET AND SELL ANAHEIM TO BENEFIT THE ECONOMIC VITALITY OF OUR NEIGHBORHOODS.
The Meetings Manager’s primary objective includes selling, promoting and securing meetings opportunities for Anaheim/Orange County. This position is responsible for increasing Anaheim's market share of meetings, conventions and event business generating occupancy and tourism tax revenues for the city of Anaheim and Garden Grove.
Responsibilities also include understanding the strategic needs of customers, offering business solutions and securing business opportunities for Visit Anaheim partners. Must have detailed knowledge of destination and Partners.
Work in cooperation with Partners and Visit Anaheim staff to solicit, qualify and secure meetings/events and enhance the brand of Anaheim/Orange County.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Vice President, Meeting & Partnership Sales, responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for developing sales plans to create awareness of destination and aggressively pursue all meeting opportunities and exceed goals based on assigned accounts and territories.
- Responsibilities include: selling to specific accounts/territories, create and deliver sales presentations/proposals, site visits, generate qualified leads and securing definite bookings.
- Strive to understand the strategic needs/objective of each customer to offer strategic business solutions and quantify the value of the business to Visit Anaheim.
- Nurture relationships with current clients and secure new accounts that have not utilized Anaheim/Orange County. This scope covers all sizes of meetings as assigned, as to meet the needs of all members of Visit Anaheim, inclusive of member partners.
- Responsible for maintenance and coordination of existing files/accounts and ensuring all accounts, customer information and sales activities are entered in to Visit Anaheim Sales Database. Responsible for data entry of all pertinent information of the account status by logging activity reports and trace dates to continuously update progress and contact with each account. Create new accounts as a result of qualifying and solicitation of businesses throughout targeted region/account base.
- Must be able to travel, when necessary, to any US destination for business development purposes. Coordinate and execute tradeshows and client events as assigned.
- Coordinate sales trips and events with Convention Sales Director(s) in same region to maximize customer penetration and budget/time investments.
- Maintain visibility in the marketplace through membership and participation chapter meetings of industry associations (MPI, PCMA, IAEE, ASAE, ESPA, etc.), as appropriate and approved. Increase business opportunities by enhancing knowledge and relationships in the meetings/events industry.
- Responsible for producing monthly reports, participation in conference calls, review of leads and bookings as assigned by supervisor. Management of assigned budgets and submission of expense reports accurately and timely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory experience is not required for this position.
Exposure to confidential information given from Chief Sales Officer and Vice President, Meeting & Partnership Sales.
C. Mental Application
Ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time. Capable to perform several tasks simultaneously. Competent to present information, answer questions, talk informatively. Attention to detail required. Direct contact with general public. Ability to meet deadlines.
D. Contacts – Internal and Public
A friendly personality and ability to be tactful and discreet. Must be able to interact with staff, Visit Anaheim partners, and the general public.
Required: 2 year associates degree.
Preferred: 4 year college degree or equivalent.
Required: 2 years hospitality/convention bureau/sales experience.
Preferred: 2+ sales experience in hotels, convention visitors bureaand/or hospitality related industry.
Required: Excellent communication skills, oral and written, presentations and business correspondence, ability to perform multiple tasks and simultaneous projects and sales accounts, with a high level of professionalism.
Preferred: Computer knowledge (keyboard and software programs ― Simpleview, Excel, Microsoft Word, RingCentral & E-Faxing), Knowledge of key markets, and related industry associations and trade shows and meetings.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to travel. Work week will regularly exceed 37 ½ hours and not be limited to traditional work days Monday- Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
Must be located within 25 miles of the Chicago area.
A consistent and reliable presence at work is necessary.
Please send cover letter & resume to: [email protected]
Subject line to read: Meeting Sales Manager - Midwest